The Free Voluntarist news focusing on conservative-libertarian Latino values in Central Florida.

Search

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

My Experience With Steemit


Steem has been performing quite well over the years, today the price of 1 Steem is above $2USD. Sounds good? But not many people know what Steem and Steemit is about. In a nutshell, the Steemit ecosystem revolves around social networking where you have a possibility to earn Steem with every post.




What Is Steemit?
Steemit is a social networking site where people can earn Steem by posting blog posts or curating content that may have already been posted online. You have the possibility of earning Steem Dollars which is fixed to the value of $1USD (tradable for Steem), and Steem Power (a value of your influence which has an effect on up-vote earnings on posts and comments).

My experience with Steem and Steemit has been pretty positive. A friend shared it to us for the first time speaking about the general idea about the site over a year ago. I was instantly interested, who wouldn't want to be paid to do what you normally do online?

At first the site functioned differently than how it is today like being able to earn Steem directly from post earnings. Being a new user in a new social network is interesting, people were very friendly and it was active but as time went on the quality of the content fell and users that were once active, started posting less and less and Steemit became easily forgettable for me. I was able to earn 100 Steem and my account is valued at a fair price above 700$, but honestly it isn't as exciting as it used to be.

Today, I still run my account but I have time periods where I'm active and others where I have taken breaks. I believe that if I was consistent with what I was posting, then my earnings could have been considerably more. Overall, I do like Steemit and how you're able to earn on blog posts. I just wish it was more exciting.

I still recommend it if you have an interesting message or if you're consistent with posting quality content for your readers. Many members of the community seem to be highly involved in space, science, politics and cryptocurrencies. Definitely a site for nerds, and bloggers

Featured Post

Donald Trump Released His Taxes And Why It Doesn't Matter...